Real-Time 3D Car Configurator
Approach and Solution
From the moment we started working on this configurator, we knew that it had to be easy to use while remaining functional. We also knew that we wanted our car to look sleek, so skimping on the detail and fidelity was not an option. And so, we set off on this endeavor:
- During the planning stage, we came up with the type of vehicle that we wanted to showcase and the customization options that we wanted to include.
- Our developers and artists began working together on a prototype. We aimed to determine whether it was possible to implement the features we wanted while keeping the software running smoothly. Suffice it to say that it was a success.
- Having integrated the model, UI elements, and core functionality into the PlayCanvas project, we performed testing to iron out the bugs and make sure that the overall experience is on par with or exceeds what our clients expect.
- Voila! The configurator is ready, with room for additional functionality to be added later.
The current version of the configurator is presented as a screen, most of which is taken up by the 3D vehicle. On the left, there are 3 different car configurations (and prices), with the bottom panel displaying specs for each type – transmission, speed, fuel consumption, etc.
The top menu allows you to switch from the price tab to the exterior modification tab. This tab includes a wide variety of customization options for the paint, wheels, exhaust, mirrors, sunroof, and tinting. Two additional tabs that are planned to open in the future are “Interior” (for interior modifications) and “Payments” (for selecting different payment plans). Furthermore, the “Next” option in the lower right section of the screen is intended to allow users to place orders or bookings on a website.
- The approach of using our configurator can effectively boost the level of engagement users have with your product and form a bond with your product.
- Shopping around with a configurator is many times more useful than any other online purchase experience, as it is pressure-free and personalized, often resulting in a sale.
- In a crowded field of competitors, our configurator can push you to the head of the pack and offers a digital solution that others cannot match.