- ExpertiseCustom-tailored solutions for enterprises and beyond, proven over 25+ years in business
- Who we are
- Contact Us
Haiku is a cybersecurity training game designed to educate users on the basics of online security engagingly and interactively. In particular, Program-Ace's dedicated developers played a crucial role in improving the game's user interface by making it more intuitive and user-friendly.
They also refactored the Load Scene feature to make the game load faster and run more smoothly. Additionally, our team created the Popup Manager, ensuring seamless pop-ups and notifications within the game. Thanks to these improvements, Haiku provides a practical and enjoyable learning experience for users looking to improve their cybersecurity skills.
Approach and Solution
Program-Ace's dedicated developers were tasked with improving the Haiku cybersecurity training game by implementing a user-friendly UI, refactoring the Load Scene feature, and creating the Popup Manager.
UI implementation. The team worked closely with the product owner to understand their requirements and implemented a more intuitive, user-friendly UI for the game. This work involved creating UI components using Unity and C# as well as utilizing RESTful APIs for communication with the server.
UI refactoring. The team refactored the UI to improve performance and make the game run more smoothly, including optimizing the code and reducing the number of unnecessary UI elements to minimize memory usage.
Load Scene refactoring. Our dedicated team improved the Load Scene to make the game load faster and run efficiently. We optimized the code and reduced unnecessary assets/scripts, enhancing error handling to prevent crashes.
Popup Manager. Program-Ace's developers created the Popup Manager to allow for seamless pop-ups and notifications within the Haiku app. We built a custom tool using Unity and C# to manage the display of pop-ups and messages.
In addition to these improvements, our team also fixed bugs in the game editor to ensure that levels could be created and edited without errors. Also, we crafted the tools to save the state of the game's computer network and file system, allowing users to save their progress as well as pick up where they left off. Finally, the team built an in-game web browser using HTML and UI components to allow users to access online resources related to cybersecurity.
Our team used the Unity game engine and C# programming language to help Haiku create the game and its various features. This allowed them to design a rich, engaging user experience with smooth and responsive gameplay. In addition, we utilized RESTful APIs to enable the game to communicate with the server and retrieve data as needed, ensuring that the game could access the resources without being slowed down by unnecessary requests or data transfers.
- Improved game usability, performance, and overall functionality through UI implementation, UI and Load Scene refactoring, etc.
- Streamlined development and improved functionality by creating custom tools such as state-saving and network snapshot tools.
- Expanded game functionality and integration with other platforms or resources through RESTful APIs and third-party tools, including the C# Steam SDK.
- Implemented a smooth and responsive user experience by utilizing technical solutions along with optimization techniques.
- Delivered a high-quality product that met the product owner's needs and provided an engaging, interactive, as well as informative learning experience.